Scholarship & Grant $ for Amazon Rainforest PD Workshop
What: 2019 Educator Academy in the Amazon Professional Development
When: July 1-11, 2019 Grant: $1500 Vernier Software & Technology Grant for a HS/AP Science Educator
Scholarships: $1250 Amazon Workshops Scholarships for K-12 Educators Application Deadline: February 1, 2019 Get more info: http://amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy/
Join Al Stenstrup, Project Learning Tree; Dr. Nancy Trautmann, Cornell Lab of Ornithology; Kristie Reddick, The Bug Chicks; along with scientists Dr. Steve Madigosky, Widener University; and Randy Morgan, Curator/Entomologist, Cincinnati Zoo as you explore:
- 21st Century Instruction: 5E Lesson Design ~ Inquiry-Based Exploration ~ STEM
- Inquiry Protocols & Resources: Vernier Software & Technology ~ Celestron Digital Microscopes
- Global and Cultural Perspectives: Service Learning ~ Sustainability ~ Global Education
- NEW! A specialized track for HS bio and environmental science educators with a focus on sustainability, conservation, and field work with the Maijuna indigenous community
- Work side-by-side with scientists and researchers on citizen science projects and field studies.
- Explore the ¼ mile long ACTS Peru Rainforest Canopy Walkway in one of the world’s most biologically diverse environments.
- Work with fellow educators to explore strategies for using the Amazon as a vehicle for incorporating STEM education, inquiry-based learning, and sustainability science education into your
Contact program director, Christa Dillabaugh at email@example.com or 1-800-431-2624 for more information.