Each year LEEF can acknowledge and honor special efforts by special people who have made contributions to LEEF and/or environmental education. The Board, when appropriate, may give awards at the Annual Conference. Unless otherwise specified, all awards are open to anyone other than current Board and Committee members.
Nominations shall be solicited from the general membership. The Board shall make the final selections.
Current awards are:
· Founders Special Service Award: An acorn pin and a certificate shall be given to those LEEF members doing special service to LEEF. A maximum of five (5) per year may be awarded.
· Crystal Visions Award: A crystal award unique to the recipient shall be given for special, unique, long-term contributions that further LEEF's goals and mission. A maximum of three (3) per year may be awarded.
· Golden LEEF Award: A wooden award unique to the recipient with a brass plate or appropriate wording shall be given for outstanding contributions to environmental education. One per year may be awarded. The recipient does not have to be a LEEF member.
· Oak Award: An award to be given for special service to LEEF for non-members. A maximum of two per year may be awarded.
· Past President Award: A plaque shall be given to each Past President at the completion of his/her term.
If there is a special person, business, school, agency, or organization that you feel should be nominated for an award, write up the reason for the nomination and send it to LEEF’s President Sarah Davis on or before January 15, 2020. Nominations may be emailed to email@example.com .