Are you concerned about Florida’s natural resources?
Do you wish you could do more to make a difference?
EmpowerU! Advocating for Natural Resources is a NEW training program designed for anyone interested in natural resources to grow their skills and meaningfully engage decision-makers about issues they are concerned about, including (but not limited to):
* master naturalists
* master gardeners
* forest landowners
* natural resource professionals
* concerned citizens
During this program (8 hours online and 1-day in-person), you will:
* Learn how to influence natural resource management decisions
* Grow your skills to meaningfully engage decision-makers
* Network with other people passionate to make a difference around natural resource management
* Learn to see yourself as a resource to decision makers on natural resources management.
This training program includes:
* Online activities: March 3rd - March 29th (2 hours per week; at your own pace)
* In-person workshop (8 hours; 8am – 5pm); choose either:
Ocala, FL on Thursday, April 4th
Gainesville, FL on Saturday, April 6th
$25; includes lunch and refreshments during in-person workshop. Capacity is limited to 24 participants per workshop. A limited # of fee waivers are available for IFAS Extension Agents. Registration will close Feb 22nd, or when capacity is reached.
For more information and RSVP:
Ocala, April 4th: https://empoweru-ocala.eventbrite.com
Gainesville, April 6th: https://empoweru-gainesville.eventbrite.com