Summer Camp Counselor Position at Everglades Wonder Gardens
The Camp Counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing environmental educational programs and experiences for children in a small group setting. They will also be responsible for the general safety of the participants in his/her group. The incumbent will provide high quality outdoor educational and recreational experiences for participants
- Help write and implement a weekly schedule for your camp group.
- Organize and lead a variety of group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, nature, songs, games, this includes time spent on the bus.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
- Ensure that all sites are kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Communicate with parents about participant’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Leadership.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, documentation, and daily attendance.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Help guide Counselors in Training and Camp Volunteers to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills.
Position details: Monday through Friday, 8 - 5 hourly rate, begins in May through end of July, temporary position for 8 weeks of summer camp minus the week of July 4th.
For more information visit http://evergladeswondergardens.com/jobs/ or contact Jayne Johnston, 239-770-8312